Question: What are some things that were around when you were a kid that you wish were still around now?
- Seven up candy bars. Does anyone remember these? I LOVED them. They had seven connecting pieces all with a different flavor.
- Opryland USA. As a kid I had so many fun memories there and then as a teen, had many fun memories working there. My mother would buy us season passes (for only $25)! She would drop us off at 10 am and pick us up at 10 pm. Oh… the memories we made! It was great fun and we always felt safe there. I will never understand why they chose to tear the amusement park down and replace it with a mall.
- The Carol Burnett Show. It was good clean comedy at its best. We used to laugh til we cried.
- Roller Rinks. They tore down the one I used to go to when I was a kid, and then the skating rink my kids used to go to was also torn down. It’s sad. Kids need places like this to hang around. Roller rinks were always good places to have a little fun while socializing with peers.
- Coca Cola in glass bottles. It just tasted better. Does anyone agree with me?
That’s my list. I could go on and on but I’ll stop at five. What things do you miss from your childhood?