Are there certain things in life that you just don’t think you will ever understand? Here are just a few things that leave me scratching my head sometimes.
How do my necklaces get tangled in my jewelry box? I know they were not tangled in knots when I gently put them away in there. I have always joked that there is a little man who lives in my jewelry box and he receives great delight in tying my necklaces in knots.
- Where do all those unmatched socks go in the laundry? Sometimes they seem to just disappear off the face of the earth, never to be seen again.
- I think the same little man who gets a lot of enjoyment out of tying knots in my necklace also occasionally visits my panty hose drawer where he puts runs in my hose. Mean little man.
- How do my Christmas lights get so tangled being stored away in boxes over the year? Little man, are you messing with my Christmas lights too?! They clearly weren’t tangled when I put them away!
- Cats. I could write a book on the things I don’t understand about cats. Why did my cat love Friskies Salmon cat food last week but this week he despises it? Why does my cat scratch on a closed-door and get so distressed over the fact that the door is closed, yet when I open it for him, he just sits there and stares at me instead of walking through it. And why does he always wake me up 10 minutes before my alarm goes off?
- Why do families text each other when they are just in the next room or better yet, in the same room?
- Why did my teenage son eat every kind of vegetable and fruit as a toddler, and now he won’t touch them?
- Why oh why did I have to take algebra? I’m 52 years old and I still don’t know the answer to this question.
- What exactly are Pokémon? After raising two boys, I’m still, after all these years, trying to figure it out.
- How come you can pour wax from a soy candle into your hand and it won’t burn you? In fact, it doesn’t even feel hot. I wouldn’t advise trying this with a regular candle.
- Why did my lights just go out and the weather is nice outside?
- I was reading about a drug commonly used in veterinary medicine for arthritis and this particular article gave the following warning to pet owners: “If your dog develops headaches while on this drug, contact your veterinarian immediately!” How would you know if your dog has a headache?
- Why is it when you go into a bookstore and visit the young readers section now, all you see is books on vampires?
- Why is it the rare times I decide to splurge and get a milkshake at McDonalds, their milkshake machine is ALWAYS broken/not working/down/thawing/frozen up?
- Why is it that my phone won’t ring all day long, but as soon as our family sits down to enjoy a meal together, it never fails– the phone rings and nine times out of ten, it’s a telemarketer.
- What about people who sit around and “invent” computer viruses? Don’t they have anything better to do with their life?
- I was driving down the highway the other day when I came across a nice, rather large tennis shoe in the road. Just. one. shoe. Where did this shoe come from? Was someone just driving down the road and thought, Hey, I think I’ll throw my shoe out the window…. yeah, that would be fun. This is something I see time and time again and I always wonder.
- Why does a squirrel decide when he’s crossing the road and has almost successfully made it across that he made the wrong decision and turns and darts right back from whence he came… which is right in front of my car wheels!
- Why does Wal-Mart have 25 check out lines but there are usually only 2 open at any given time? Well o.k…. maybe, JUST MAYBE 4 are open during the Christmas shopping season.
- Why do people think it’s o.k. to feed their dog spoiled food?
- And while we’re on the subject of dogs, why do people let their dogs ride loose (untethered) in the back of pick-up trucks? Do they honestly think that if they have to slam on their brakes, that all will be well and fine with the dog? I was once following a car that was behind a pick-up truck with a very large rottweiler in the back. The truck driver had to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting another car and said rottweiler came flying out over the tailgate! The car in front of me hit the rottweiler, breaking it’s hip and femur. I wanted to strangle the driver of that truck as did the poor woman who couldn’t keep from hitting the rottweiler! The poor traumatized rottweiler ran off on three legs darting in and out of traffic and I swear if I could have caught that dog, I would have been hard-pressed to hand him back over to his owner. He was caught by the way.
- Seriously, why IS there braille at the drive-thru ATM’s?
- What would you take if you had an allergic reaction to Benadryl?
- What exactly is buffalo chicken? And where did the term “Buffalo Wings” come from? What are buffalo wings anyway?
I could go on and on and on, but I’ll stop now. What makes you scratch your head?