It doesn’t take much to make me happy. There are so many little things that I so often take for granted that make me smile. Here are just a few.
1. Swinging pig- This guy hangs in the tree right outside my kitchen window. I’ve had him a while and he got pretty weathered-looking and faded from the sun. My husband recently gave him a new paint job and he looks so much better and much more revived! When I look out my window and see this pig, I definitely smile. It is a reminder to me of my childhood days and playing in tire swings.
2. Hearing From God Each Morning: 365 Daily Devotions- By Joyce Meyer- The devotions in this book really speak to my heart. I read Joyce Meyer’s book, How to Hear From God, and liked it so much, I bought this devotional. In this crazy busy world we live in, I am grateful to have a book that teaches me how to listen for the most important voice of all– the voice of God.
3. Pumpkin muffins- I love everything about fall and I especially love all things pumpkin. Pumpkin bread/muffins are my favorite. Like I always say, there’s nothing better than a pumpkin muffin and a cup of coffee on a cold fall morning! You can find the recipe to the pumpkin bread here.
4. My red Celosia- I bought a few of these plants in the spring of 2010. I planted them in my concrete planters in the front of my house. They grew and spread like wildfire. My husband transplanted a few in the ground beside the sidewalk that goes up to our screened-in porch. They obviously love this location and here in October, they are still going strong! The funny thing, is that these flowers are supposed to be annuals! Go figure.
5. Pig Calendar- I love this Pennywell Farms pig calendar. It hangs in my pig kitchen. I thought the October picture was exceptionally cute! Yeah, go ahead and say it…. Awwwww.