1. Apple Barn’s Pumpkin Butter – one word. Yum. If you’ve read my blog, you know that I love all things pumpkin. I love this stuff on hot buttered biscuits. My oldest son inherited my love for pumpkin and he loves it too. I recently visited the Apple Barn in Sevierville, TN and stocked up!
2. Fall and Scarecrows – Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and I always hate to see it come to an end. When I was decorating for Halloween/fall/Thanksgiving this year, I told my husband to knock me over the head if he sees me looking at any more scarecrows to buy! 🙂
I have many more scarecrows but wasn’t able to put them all out this year. We are in the process of doing some painting in our home and so our living room, dining room and foyer are in somewhat of a disheveled mess now and didn’t get decorated…. at least not yet anyway.
3. Turkey lights – I have had these turkey lights for over 20 years and hang them on my mantle every year at Thanksgiving. I love them! They were a Lillian Vernon special and you can’t find them anymore. Some people would say they are cheesy (we won’t mention any brother-in-laws names!) but I love them and hanging them each year in our home is a family tradition for us. I guess each to his own and whatever makes you happy!
4. Fall glass T-lite lanterns – I saw these at Old Time Pottery and thought they were so pretty. I bought four — in orange, green, amber, and cranberry colors. I set them outside on our porch railings on Halloween night and now have them sitting on my hearth where I am lighting them at night and enjoying them still.
5. Open windows and happy kitties – I am loving it that it is mid November and we have still had a lot of seventy degree weather which means having the windows open during the day! Bigfoot, my cat, loves to sit in the den window and soak up the warm rays. I call it his “photosynthesizing sessions!”
What are you loving these days?