I will admit I love to buy things from mail order catalogs. There’s just something about it that’s fun. So I tried hard keeping up when the mailman seemed to be happily stuffing a dozen or so catalogs in my mailbox on a daily basis during the holidays. It seemed I kept coming across the same weird and wacky items though in these catalogs. Items that left me with a furrowed brow and left me shaking my head, asking out loud if there really are people in this world who buy these things? Don’t bother to answer that question for me. I already know the answer. The following six items probably don’t need any comments at all, but you know me…. I just can’t resist.
1. Billy Bob Baby Pacifier– Horrify your in-laws by stuffing one of these into your sweet little adorable baby’s mouth. Now isn’t that just the cutest thing?
2. Nose Shower gel dispenser– Now let me get this straight. One is supposed to feel cleaner after showering with this? No thanks. I’ll pass.
3. Toilet coffee mug– I don’t know about you, but I think I would lose my mood for coffee if I had to drink it out of this thing. Ewwww.
4. Fanny bank– The following words appeared under this item in the catalog I saw it in: “Bank makes loud digital fart sounds when coins are deposited.” Why am I not surprised?
5. Mooning Gnome– This is just what I want greeting my neighbors and friends as they walk into my yard. Greetings all!
6. Poop soap– There are no words for this one, but honestly, I couldn’t help but wonder if it comes in a scented variety. Sorry I couldn’t resist.