Question: It’s the last day of March. What are a few things you learned this month?
- I’ve never liked or cared to fly but I really, really, really don’t EVER care to fly again. How can a Boeing 777 just disappear and no one seems to have any inkling where it might be or what has happened to the 239 people on board? Very. Scary.
- I worry that I’m getting more apathetic as I age. Sometimes I feel like I’m withdrawing into some sort of turtle shell. I watch the news on TV or watch television and realize that morality is on the decline in our society. Sometimes the world seems to be getting crazier, scarier, and well…. meaner. And I want to retreat to my “shell” sometimes and just stay there and hide forever.
- There’s something about the sound of a purring cat that makes me smile and feel wildly happy.
- None of us are promised a tomorrow. We all better love hard while we’re here on this earth.
- If you’re having a bad day, sitting down and writing thank you notes to others can cheer you up like nothing else can. Reading a good book can do wonders too.
- I love Janette Oke’s books. I’ve always wanted to read her books but never have until recently. I’m not sure why. I might just have a new favorite author.
- I haven’t handled my empty nest well at all. I haven’t “let go” completely or with much ease. That’s fixing to change.
- The older I get, my body has a harder time adjusting to moving the clocks ahead one hour for daylight savings time. It takes me weeks to catch up on losing that one hour of sleep.
- Sometimes people can just do incredibly sweet things for you for no reason and it makes your day…. like when your uncle who lives on the opposite side of the country just decides out of the blue to send you a 2.5 lb. bag of the most awesome tasting oatmeal!
- I have a new favorite Disney movie– Frozen! Love, love, love it!!!
- I can’t wear high heels anymore. And I’ve decided 54-year-old women probably shouldn’t be wearing them anyway.
- I still hate red wasps. WHY do they get confused and want to spend early spring INSIDE my house and basement?
- Worrying really is a big waste of time.
- Putting your fish oil capsules in the freezer unfortunately does NOT eliminate fishy burps like some people say it will.
- Seeing a freeze-dried dog for the first time was just plain and simply creepy. I could not do that to my pet (nor could I afford it) but to each his own.
What are some things you learned this month?