My husband and I (who were both born and raised in the south) visited Gatlinburg, TN last week. While shopping in the stores on the main strip, I kept seeing this list everywhere we went. It was on tee shirts, on plaques, on glasses, etc. I love it (and it’s all true)!
The place where….
1) Tea is sweet and accents are sweeter
2) Summer starts in April
3) Macaroni and Cheese is a vegetable
4) Front porches are wide and words are long
5) Pecan pie is a staple
6) Y’all is the only proper noun
7) Chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy
8) Everything is Darlin’
9) Someone’s heart is always being blessed