2. A New Song– by Jan Karon (This is the 5th book in the beloved Mitford series)
3. The Fault in Our Stars– by John Green
4. 100 Ways To Simplify Your Life– by Joyce Meyer
5. Kisses From Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption– by Katie Davis
6. Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God– by Francis Chan
7. When Your Pet Dies” A Guide To Mourning, Remembering, And Healing– by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph. D.
8. Love Comes Softly– by Janette Oke
9. A Common Life: The Wedding Story (The Mitford Years- Book #6)- by Jan Karon
10. The Power of Praying for Your Adult Children– by Stormie Omartian
11. Love’s Enduring Promise (Love Comes Softly Series- Book 2)- by Janette Oke
12. Staying Positive in a Negative World: Attitudes that Enhance the Joy of Living– by Roger Campbell
14. Praying God’s Word for Your Husband– by Kathi Lipp
15. 12 Years a Slave– by Solomon Northup
16. How To Win Friends and Influence People– by Dale Carnegie
This book was written in 1936. I first read it when I was in Junior High School in the early 70s!
17. Love’s Long Journey– by Janette Oke (Love Comes Softly series- book #3)
18 Pathway to Purpose for women– by Katie Brazelton
19. Jackie after Jack: Portrait of the Lady– by Christopher Andersen
20. The Measure of a Heart– by Janette Oke (Book #6 in Women of the West Series)
21. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer– by Mark Twain
22. Love Idol: letting go of your need for approval– and seeing yourself through God’s eyes– by Jennifer Dukes Lee
23. Loving God with All Your Mind– by Elizabeth George
24. Woman to Woman: Candid Conversations from Me to You– by Joyce Meyer
25. A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II– by Adam Makos with Larry Alexander
26. Look Great Feel Great: 12 Keys to Enjoying a Healthy Life Now– by Joyce Meyer
27. In This Mountain– by Jan Karon (7th book in the Mitford Series)
28. Love’s Abiding Joy– by Janette Oke (Love Comes Softly series- book #4)
29. The Great Turkey Walk– by Kathleen Karr
Meant for children from grade level 4-7. It’s a cute story and I enjoyed reading it as an adult!
30. The Greatest Gift: Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas– by AnnVoskamp
I read this book last Christmas and again this Christmas. I love Ann Voskamp and love this book and decided it will be a book I will read every December.
31. Straight Talk: Overcoming Emotional Battles with the Power of God’s Word– by Joyce Meyer
If I had to list a favorite read for 2014, it would have to be this book! I can’t tell you how much great information is contained within these pages or how much I got out of it. Lots and lots of good scripture and advice to ponder in this book! Definitely one I will return to again and again.