2. Rhythms of Rest: Finding the Spirit of Sabbath in a Busy World– By Shelly Miller
I have followed Shelly’s blog for years and always enjoy reading her posts. Rhythms of Rest is her first book.
3. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Lowering Your Cholesterol– by Joseph Lee Klapper, M.D.
4. 101 Prayers for my Son– by Rob and Joanna Teigen
5. Come Rain or Come Shine– by Jan Karon (Mitford series #11)
6. The Red Sea Rules: 10 God-Given Strategies for Difficult Times– by Robert J. Morgan
7. The Thorn Birds– by Colleen McCullough
8. Married and Still Loving It: The Joys and Challenges of the Second Half– by Gary Chapman and Harold Myra
10. 15 Verses to Pray for Your Husband– by Elizabeth George
11. Zip It: The Keep It Shut 40-Day Challenge– by Karen Ehman
I can’t tell you how much I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK. It has been part of my Lenten Journey reading this year and it has spoken to me. I’m rereading it and taking more time this second time through to really savor and ponder its words. I’ll keep this one for daily reading.
12. Blogging for Writers: How Authors & Writers Build Successful Blogs– by Robin Houghton
13. Falling into Grace: Exploring Our Inner Life With God– by John Newton
14. Your Body’s Many Cries For Water: You’re Not Sick; You’re Thirsty. Don’t Treat Thirst with Medication– by F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.
15. Grace For the Good Girl: Letting Go of the Try-Hard Life– by Emily Freeman
16. Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul: 101 Stories To Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit- by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Patty Aubery, and Nancy Mitchell
17. Return From Tomorrow– By George Ritchie
This was a reread from many, many years ago when I was still a teenager.
18. Embraced by the Light: The Most Profound and Complete Near-Death Experience Ever– By Betty J. Edie
This book is another reread (I think I’ve read it four times).
19. A Dog’s Purpose: A Novel for Humans– by W. Bruce Cameron
20. Living Courageously: You Can Face Anything, Just Do It Afraid– by Joyce Meyer
21. For This I Was Born: Aligning Your Vision to God’s Cause– by Brian Houston
22. The Blood Pressure Book: How to get it down and keep it down– by Stephen P. Fortmann, M.D. and Prudence E. Breitrose
23. Firefly Summer– by Nan Rossiter
24. Never Unfriended: The Secret to Finding and Keeping Lasting Friendships– by Lisa-Jo Baker
25. Walking with God through Pain and Suffering– by Timothy Keller
26. Crossing the Waters: Following Jesus Through the Storms, The Fish, The Doubt, and the Seas– by Leslie Leyland Fields